The Board of Directors support the work of because I said I would and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by because I said I would’s Founder, the Board-Founder relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected. We are currently seeking board volunteers with professional experience in marketing, law and finance.
If you are interested in a board position, please fill out the form below.
Current Board Members:
A Co-Founder of Seed Sumo and Co-owner at Nutrabolt. Manish is involved in many areas throughout the company, but formally oversees Nutrabolt Human Capital Division, Real Estate Group, Service Excellence Group, Quality and Compliance Group, Web Technology Group and the company’s legal affairs. Mr. Patel has significant financial modeling and due diligence experience, with over $5 billion in real estate acquisition, development, and portfolio assignments completed since 2005. Before joining Nutrabolt, he served as Consultant, Educator, and Investor within the residential and commercial sectors of the real estate industry. Manish is currently developing a mixed-use project in downtown Austin, Texas stacked with retail, office, co-working, and residential uses. He is a serial entrepreneur with a deep understanding of brand development, viral marketing, business development, application development, and social entrepreneurship. Manish holds a Bachelor’s degree in Finance from The University of Texas.
Danny Smith is President of Daniels Financial Group Inc. based in Sheffield Village. He’s the author of “The Baby Boomer’s Guide to a Rockin’ & Rollin’ Retirement”.
Pete graduated Cum Laude from Kent State University in 1989 with a Bachelor of Business Administration & Marketing Degree. Immediately following college he spent 10 years as a sales consultant with Ohio Edison/First Energy. Pete credits his 10 years as a sales consultant with Ahola Payroll Services as extremely important preparation toward business ownership. During his employment with Ahola, he worked closely with business owners and accountants, gained human resources expertise, and was recognized by Ahola management as Employee of the Year. He also was elected to serve a four-year term as a Cuyahoga Falls Chamber of Commerce Board Member, which also included a one-year term as CFCC Board President.
As Vice President of Star Therapy & Sales Corp., Pete is responsible for school district contract negotiations, account management, recruitment of employees, human resources and public relations.
Dina and Pete, owners of Star Therapy & Sales Corp. reside in Shalersville with their two children. As parents and professionals, they are active community members in the Crestwood School District.
Open Board Positions:
We are currently seeking board volunteers with professional experience in marketing, law and finance.
Job Title: Board Member
Location: Rocky River, Ohio/Remote
Work hours: 2 board meetings, either virtual or in-person.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
Leadership, governance and oversight
• Serve as a trusted adviser to the Founder, as he develops and implements because I said I would’s vision
• Serve because I said I would board as finance, marketing, or law expert
• Review outcomes and metrics created by because I said I would for evaluating its impact, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics
• Approve because I said I would’s annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
• Assist the Founder and Board Chair in identifying and recruiting other board members
• Partner with the Founder and other board members to ensure that board resolutions are carried out
• Serve on committees or task forces and taking on special assignments
• Represent because I said I would to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization
• Board members will consider because I said I would a philanthropic priority and make annual gifts that reflect that priority.
• Assist with soliciting contributions from foundations, organizations, and individuals
• Board members must make an annual contribution of at least $10,000
Board members will serve a three-year term to be eligible for re-appointment for one additional term. Consideration for a third term is allowable after one year hiatus. Board meetings are generally held during second quarter and fourth quarter.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about because I said I would’s mission and who has a track record of board leadership. Selected members will have achieved leadership stature in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector. His/her accomplishments will allow him/her to attract other well-qualified, high-performing board members.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
• Extensive professional finance, marketing or law experience in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector
• A commitment to and understanding of because I said I would’s beneficiaries, preferably based on experience
• Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals
• Personal qualities of accountability integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of because I said I would’s beneficiaries
• Ability to make and keep a promise