The Board of Directors support the work of because I said I would and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by because I said I would’s Founder, the Board-Founder relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected. We are currently seeking board volunteers with professional experience in marketing, law and finance.
Current Board Members:
A Co-Founder of Seed Sumo and Co-owner at Nutrabolt. Manish is involved in many areas throughout the company, but formally oversees Nutrabolt Human Capital Division, Real Estate Group, Service Excellence Group, Quality and Compliance Group, Web Technology Group and the company’s legal affairs. Mr. Patel has significant financial modeling and due diligence experience, with over $5 billion in real estate acquisition, development, and portfolio assignments completed since 2005. Before joining Nutrabolt, he served as Consultant, Educator, and Investor within the residential and commercial sectors of the real estate industry. Manish is currently developing a mixed-use project in downtown Austin, Texas stacked with retail, office, co-working, and residential uses. He is a serial entrepreneur with a deep understanding of brand development, viral marketing, business development, application development, and social entrepreneurship. Manish holds a Bachelor’s degree in Finance from The University of Texas.
Robert M. Thompson
A senior manager of software development at Hyland, the provider of an enterprise information platform for managing content, processes and cases. Robert leads the organizational efforts related to its Case Management platform and offerings; with his primary focus on the research & development of new software. He is passionate and driven toward solving complex problems. Robert received his B.S. in Computer Science from Ohio University in 2006 and currently resides in Loveland, Ohio. Robert was elected to the board in 2013.
A principal consultant in Columbus, Ohio at Cardinal Solutions group, Rick is heavily involved in the software development community to increase the quality and efficiency of central Ohio’s information technology. He is a certified scrum master that works with Columbus based business to realize the full potential of their IT employees. Rick’s passion for software development is motivated by his belief that it has the greatest potential for positive impact in our communities since there is endless room for innovation and creativity. Ultimately Rick strives to make the world a better place by solving problems through software. In his spare time he enjoys spending time with his brother in various activities for kids with developmental disabilities around Columbus. Special Olympics and TASSC are two organizations Rick has volunteered with which both help kids with developmental disabilities enjoy sports and outdoor activities. Rick is committed to the message of because I said I would and communicates the importance of a promise every chance he gets.
Open Board Positions:
We are currently seeking board volunteers with professional experience in marketing, law and finance.
Job Title: Board Member
Location: Rocky River, Ohio/Remote
Work hours: 2 board meetings, either virtual or in-person.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
Leadership, governance and oversight
• Serve as a trusted adviser to the Founder, as he develops and implements because I said I would’s vision
• Serve because I said I would board as finance, marketing, or law expert
• Review outcomes and metrics created by because I said I would for evaluating its impact, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics
• Approve because I said I would’s annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
• Assist the Founder and Board Chair in identifying and recruiting other board members
• Partner with the Founder and other board members to ensure that board resolutions are carried out
• Serve on committees or task forces and taking on special assignments
• Represent because I said I would to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization
• Board members will consider because I said I would a philanthropic priority and make annual gifts that reflect that priority.
• Assist with soliciting contributions from foundations, organizations, and individuals
• Board members must make an annual contribution of at least $10,000
Board members will serve a three-year term to be eligible for re-appointment for one additional term. Consideration for a third term is allowable after one year hiatus. Board meetings are generally held during second quarter and fourth quarter.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about because I said I would’s mission and who has a track record of board leadership. Selected members will have achieved leadership stature in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector. His/her accomplishments will allow him/her to attract other well-qualified, high-performing board members.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
• Extensive professional finance, marketing or law experience in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector
• A commitment to and understanding of because I said I would’s beneficiaries, preferably based on experience
• Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals
• Personal qualities of accountability integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of because I said I would’s beneficiaries
• Ability to make and keep a promise
If you are interested in a board position, please fill out the form below AND email your resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUBJECT LINE:Application: Board Member – [Insert Your Name Here]