Sparked by the loss of his father, Alex began sending promise cards to anyone who requested them at no cost. Since his father’s passing on September 4th, 2012, because I said I would has sent over 9.81M promise cards to more than 150 countries. Alex’s commitment to the betterment of humanity has inspired millions and his promises have been shared virally around the world.
Alex’s TEDx Talks
Some of Alex’s Promises Include:
- Walking 245 miles across the entire state of Ohio in under 10 days to fulfill a promise to the three Cleveland women who were held captive for 10 years.
- Volunteering at 52 different nonprofit organizations in a single year.
- Promising children with cancer trips to Disneyland and personally delivering 100 tickets.
- Driving through the night to deliver disaster relief aid to the victims of Hurricane Sandy.
- Giving 100% of his speaking fees to because I said I would and other charities instead of himself.
Who is talking about Alex?
Alex’s work has been featured on CNN, ABC World News with Diane Sawyer, the TODAY Show, the Steve Harvey Show and many other programs. Alex’s efforts have made the #1 spot on the front page of Reddit.com over 10 times. His work in awareness videos was listed BuzzFeed’s “Most Important Viral Videos of 2013