Alex Sheen is the Founder of because I said I would, the international social movement and nonprofit dedicated to the betterment of humanity through promises made and kept. Sparked by the loss of his father, Alex began sending promise cards to anyone who requested them at no cost. Since his father’s passing on September 4th, 2012, because I said I would has sent over 6.64M promise cards to over 150 countries. Alex’s commitment to the betterment of humanity has inspired millions around the world. The story of his promises have been shared virally throughout social media and international news.
- Walking 245 miles across the entire state of Ohio in under 10 days to fulfill a promise to the three Cleveland women who were held captive for 10 years.
- Committing to volunteer at 52 different nonprofit organizations in a single year and honoring his word.
- Promising children with cancer trips to Disneyland and personally delivering 100 tickets.
- Driving through the night to deliver disaster relief aid to the victims of Hurricane Sandy.
- Volunteering in Ferguson, Missouri on Thanksgiving after looters destroyed small businesses.
As a nationally respected thought leader, Alex spoke to over 90 organizations in 2014. His keynotes were attended by as many as 8,500 attendees in a single event. 100% of his speaking engagement fees are paid to the nonprofit. He does not accept commercial sponsorships or endorsements.
For more information, and to check Alex’s availability, please fill out the form below. Alex still has availability in 2016.