Are you good with your promises? Do you want to better humanity? Join our team ⇧
Personal accountability to making positive change is as relevant and important now, as it’s ever been. Our team continues to grow with the needs of the movement. Open positions are listed below. Please include a cover letter with your resume. Inquiries without a cover letter will not be considered. The most qualified candidates will be contacted directly for consideration of an interview. Thank you for your interest!
Looking to volunteer? Check out our volunteer opportunities!
Job Title: Speaking Engagement Manager
Location: Rocky River, Ohio
Salary Range: $40,000 - $50,000
Travel Required: 0-10%
Work hours: Full-time M-F, Evenings and Weekends as needed
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED BY:
SUBJECT LINE:Speaking Engagement Manager Application – [Insert Your Name Here]
In addition to your resume, please email a cover letter stating why you want to work for because I said I would and what skills you have related to this job description that makes you are a great fit for the position. APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A COVER LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Role and Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Founder, the Speaking Engagement Manager will dedicate most of their working time to securing speaking engagements for because I said I would speakers. We are looking to continue to build upon our success of booking speaking engagements in which 100% of the speaking fee goes to our nonprofit. The speaking engagement manger will strategically handle over 600 requests per year and build upon current relationships and develop new strategic ways to promote and book speaking engagements to benefit the Nonprofit. Other responsibilities include the following:
• Build and maintain list of and network of conference organizers
• Develops and executes contracts for speaking engagements
• Communicates information to the Founder and the Founder's Executive Assistant
• Ensures that contracts are accurate and signed in appropriate time frame
• Oversees the analysis, maintenance, and communication of speaking engagement status.
• Maintain a database of all speaking opportunities and contacts for future pitching and proactively reach out to conference organizers at the right times
• Understand event session/speaking requirements and advise our team on the appropriate positioning needed to maximize the quality and quantity of speaking engagements booked
• Keeps records of all interactions with potential events
• Utilize database to monitor speaker bureau coordinator progress of initiating and managing each program
• Provide superior customer service to our clients including senior marketing executives
• Ability to detect problems and potential trouble spots that would impede the ability to execute contracts/event
• Build relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
• Negotiate speaking engagement fees
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or university and three to five years related sales experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. The right candidate will have experience in sales, public relations, and marketing. He/she must be extremely detail-oriented and able to simultaneously manage multiple business transactions. In addition, they must be a decisive and strong communicator – both written and verbal. Energetic individual with great interpersonal skills, good at networking and building relationships
Experience with nonprofits, start-up organizations or social movements. Experience as a volunteer.
Because I said I would is a growing nonprofit organization. Our mission is to better humanity through the importance of a promise. We only hire individuals that can make and keep their promises.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.